The queer messaging of the Acclaimed — the two tag team champions for the professional wrestling company All Elite Wrestling (AEW) — veers in enough different directions that it’s hard to pick out a unified message. The fictional world of wrestling, whose staged theatrics and over-the-top characters often shade towards campiness, complicates the real-world impact of that message even further.
JQ Shearin (She/Her)1 Articles0 Comments
JQ Shearin (she/her) is a copy editor for OutWrite. She is a first year Economics major with a passion for local activism and transformative queer readings of art.
Looking for something?
- Letter From The Editor (Fall 2022) June 3, 2023
- A Review of “Proud Boi”: Celebrating Black Trans Joy June 1, 2023
- Identities Intertwined: A Review of “lead me to the lilies” at Chinese American Culture Night 2023 May 28, 2023
- The Queen of Lips and the Beauty of Drag May 26, 2023
- Queer Next Up: Evan Collins May 24, 2023